Ontario Storms Site!  

Go Back   Ontario Storms Site! > Ontario Storms Forums > The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat

The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat General talk on past, current, and future storms - all talk about UPCOMING storms goes here

Old 10-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Default Friday October 19/12

Most lightning i've seen since June. Nice little cluster crossing niagara tonight. Fair bit of CC in the fog clouds.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Friday October 19/12

It really surprised me to see those cells develop over the Niagara peninsula, I really didn't see that coming. I'm watching what's over New York right now, though I don't think much will be able to make it up here.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Yep, most lightning I've seen in a long time. oh that reminds me I have to go through my camera. I was watching a movie with my GF and thought I heard rumbling but couldn't tell. Then there was a loud boom so we went over to another window to watch it. I checked on radar and it just looked like a small cell passing over so I didn't bother setting up the camera. After a couple nice anvil crawlers and some good bolts I decided to get set up. Unfortunately I think the most photographic lightning occurred before I decided to start shooting it...
Old 10-21-2012, 12:00 AM

Nothing here but rain. This must be the longest storm free streak for KW. I think the last thunder I heard was on July 26th.... but I may be wrong.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM

Derecho, I don't know if you were around August 4th. There was a quick, but strong storm that pushed through during the afternoon. There was another one that night, but I slept through that. >.<

There were only a couple more after that, all in September. This has certainly been one of the worst years for storms. I was getting really excited after nearly being hit by those intense hailstorms in early March.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormydude View Post
Derecho, I don't know if you were around August 4th. There was a quick, but strong storm that pushed through during the afternoon. There was another one that night, but I slept through that. >.<

There were only a couple more after that, all in September. This has certainly been one of the worst years for storms. I was getting really excited after nearly being hit by those intense hailstorms in early March.
Can't remember Aug 4 or any Sept storms. Must have been working or was asleep. Wait, was August 4th that line that passed through Southern Ontario around 2am? At some point this year there was an overnight line with all kinds of lightning that passed through just hours before a job interview, and I slept through my alarm because I was up all night watching the storm.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
Can't remember Aug 4 or any Sept storms. Must have been working or was asleep. Wait, was August 4th that line that passed through Southern Ontario around 2am? At some point this year there was an overnight line with all kinds of lightning that passed through just hours before a job interview, and I slept through my alarm because I was up all night watching the storm.
That line passed in July. I believe it was the early morning of the 27th. It was quite the show! Not even close to as good as August 24th, but it sure beat every other storm this year. The only storms that happened on the 4th/5th were in the afternoon and that night, around 3am.