Ontario Storms Site!  

Go Back   Ontario Storms Site! > Ontario Storms Forums > The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat

The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat General talk on past, current, and future storms - all talk about UPCOMING storms goes here

Old 12-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Default December 21- Bradford

Just had a storm roll through Bradford with really heavy rain and flash flooding and some lightning and thunder! Reminds me of summer I love it sky went dark and everything!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Default Re: December 21- Bradford

nice anvil tops in the line of storms passing over south niagara lake erie right now, looks to be lightning associated with these storms as well. Currently partly cloudy, temp 12C with light SW winds.
This system has a spring feel to it as well as the one that produced the tornado in louisiana yesterday. Slight risk of severe storms south of lake erie this evening as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Default Re: December 21- Bradford

I went after the storms to the south of St. Catharines. The only month in Canada that I am missing lightning photos in is December. I have lightning shots from every other month of the year here on Canadian soil so I was very aggressive with these storms. Unfortunately, I did not get the lightning shot I wanted with this storm but I did get some very nice sunset and storm cloud photographs on Beaverdams Rd just south of Thorold. With over 400 lightning shots in my career not including sheet lightning, next year in Ontario and Quebec I will be going for 200 in just one season. So needless to say last nights aggressiveness is just a practice run to this coming year.