Ontario Storms Site!  

Go Back   Ontario Storms Site! > Ontario Storms Forums > Previous Years > 2006

2006 Storms of 2006

Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Default 2006 Late July Stormchase

One of my first really nice storms with a camera, this was also my second year chasing and was 18 now. I didn't know of any community really then for chasing and just whent out when it felt right taking pics. I was too dumb to record dates and places etc....... One think I know was that was somewhere west of Avon still in Middlesex

Anyways!!!! A big Mucky cell formed North of London Ontario and I noticed A rock hard updraft heading dead south while the big but weak storm headed east. The updraft was feeding off the weak storms core Building energy fast !

I approached from the North facing South and the pictures wound up with terrible contrast, this one was so bad I had to wreck the picture to show the large inflow tail from the core

when I got into a good position the updraft was large and had a nice foot on the core, the base was sucking scud up from the rain, Eventualy scud begin whirling up all over the base and the updraft began to twist

Soon after a portion of the rain core began to rotate and a cone funnel formed in the center for a short while, after it disapeared in the rain a large wall cloud formed .

After that the storm began to fall apart, I forget where But I remember golfball hail being reported

Last edited by Itchy; 04-28-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: error of info
Old 12-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Default Re: 2006 Late July Stormchase

Thanks for the shots!