Ontario Storms Site!  

Go Back   Ontario Storms Site! > Ontario Storms Forums > Previous Years > 2010

2010 Storms of 2009 - specific weather events posted by date

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM
DarkSky's Avatar
DarkSky DarkSky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Catharines, ON [Niagara]
Posts: 1,625
Thanks: 678
Thanked 416 Times in 282 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

Lets see those watches push father ENE and into the Niagara region. All this sunshine and 25-30C weather is becoming a tad boring
__________________
- DarkSky (St. Catharines, ON (Niagara) )
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Derecho's Avatar
Derecho Derecho is offline
Rank: F1 Tornado Chaser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Region of Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,083
Thanks: 103
Thanked 245 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSky View Post
Lets see those watches push father ENE and into the Niagara region. All this sunshine and 25-30C weather is becoming a tad boring
Waterloo Region is under a warning for a dwindling storm that's just about gone poof. The cell was producing 60-100 bolts of lightning when it was near Mitchell, it had a 1.68 hail marker and the storm track had it directly going over my house. Once it reached the Waterloo/Perth county line, it had a major shift east and its 60-65dbz are now 49dbz. I'm not impressed.

The cells in Lambton/Kent/Essex counties are impressive, 70dbz, three of them have shown strong SRV rotation. Strong rotation is located northwest of Chatham about 15km, another area of rotation is near Alvinston, about 20 minutes ago it was very broad, it's tightened since. A third area was just south of Windsor about 30 minutes ago.
__________________
Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario
All Ontario tornadoes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Derecho's Avatar
Derecho Derecho is offline
Rank: F1 Tornado Chaser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Region of Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,083
Thanks: 103
Thanked 245 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

I wouldn't be surprised if a tornado touched down somewhere from Lake St. Clair to Thamesville in Kent County judging by these SRV scans from earlier:
Attached Thumbnails
Name: kent1.JPG    
Views: 327    
Size: 200.6 KB    
ID: 1464      Name: kent2.JPG    
Views: 302    
Size: 219.4 KB    
ID: 1465      Name: kent3.JPG    
Views: 307    
Size: 218.5 KB    
ID: 1466     
__________________
Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario
All Ontario tornadoes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM
ontariolightning ontariolightning is offline
Rank: Towering Cumulus Cloud Chaser
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wallaceburg Ontario
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lsjy3c.jpg

I suck at paint and cameras but this is what I saw north of Wallaceburg, good looking shelf cloud
__________________
I've got to go Julia, we've got cows!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
ontariolightning ontariolightning is offline
Rank: Towering Cumulus Cloud Chaser
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wallaceburg Ontario
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

oh and at the time of that pic, this was the radar

http://i44.tinypic.com/t64g3k.jpg
__________________
I've got to go Julia, we've got cows!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Derecho's Avatar
Derecho Derecho is offline
Rank: F1 Tornado Chaser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Region of Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,083
Thanks: 103
Thanked 245 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariolightning View Post
http://i40.tinypic.com/2lsjy3c.jpg

I suck at paint and cameras but this is what I saw north of Wallaceburg, good looking shelf cloud
Here is the radar presentation from that cell:
Attached Thumbnails
Name: wallace.JPG    
Views: 308    
Size: 225.1 KB    
ID: 1467     
__________________
Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario
All Ontario tornadoes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
ontariolightning ontariolightning is offline
Rank: Towering Cumulus Cloud Chaser
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wallaceburg Ontario
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

I don't think that is it, it was the cell before that cause I was outside at the park watching it to my north and it wasn't raining on me
__________________
I've got to go Julia, we've got cows!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Wet Paws Wet Paws is offline
Rank: Getting close to the action
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mitchell Ontario
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
Waterloo Region is under a warning for a dwindling storm that's just about gone poof. The cell was producing 60-100 bolts of lightning when it was near Mitchell, it had a 1.68 hail marker and the storm track had it directly going over my house. Once it reached the Waterloo/Perth county line, it had a major shift east and its 60-65dbz are now 49dbz. I'm not impressed.

The cells in Lambton/Kent/Essex counties are impressive, 70dbz, three of them have shown strong SRV rotation. Strong rotation is located northwest of Chatham about 15km, another area of rotation is near Alvinston, about 20 minutes ago it was very broad, it's tightened since. A third area was just south of Windsor about 30 minutes ago.
Hi Lennon, I wish I was here to see it but I was not home yet and missed it passing through Mitchell. I love watching weather but am really green when it comes to everything you said. Also wish I had a camera when I seen it moving pass Stratford. Purposely took the back road so I could watch it. New here and will contribute what I can....maybe I can at least report what I see here before it comes to you in KW.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Derecho's Avatar
Derecho Derecho is offline
Rank: F1 Tornado Chaser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Region of Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,083
Thanks: 103
Thanked 245 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Paws View Post
Hi Lennon, I wish I was here to see it but I was not home yet and missed it passing through Mitchell. I love watching weather but am really green when it comes to everything you said. Also wish I had a camera when I seen it moving pass Stratford. Purposely took the back road so I could watch it. New here and will contribute what I can....maybe I can at least report what I see here before it comes to you in KW.
It fizzled out as it passed me, now it's suddenly developed about 10km east of me.

It actually stayed pretty south of Mitchell.
Attached Thumbnails
Name: mitchelk.JPG    
Views: 300    
Size: 187.1 KB    
ID: 1468     
__________________
Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario
All Ontario tornadoes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM
ontariolightning ontariolightning is offline
Rank: Towering Cumulus Cloud Chaser
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wallaceburg Ontario
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

it looked better in real life, but here is the shelf clouds evolution

http://i39.tinypic.com/iptsw1.jpg
__________________
I've got to go Julia, we've got cows!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

PICTURE OF THE MOMENT - Photo by: Itchy (Apr.12, 2014, London, ON)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All original material copyright OntarioStorms.com, all 3rd party material copyrights held by original publisher