Ontario Storms Site!  

Go Back   Ontario Storms Site! > Ontario Storms Forums > The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat

The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat General talk on past, current, and future storms - all talk about UPCOMING storms goes here

Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Open chit-chat thread

nice line of storms across michigan or maybe a band of thundersnow as the cold front is crossing??? winds gusting to 50k so far here and temp of 8C

Last edited by obwan; 01-20-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefootball123 View Post
Might as well add this now. Been working on a site for a while now...not done...not really even close. http://www.sowx.ca/
A lot is working...there are a lot of bugs and broken links. EC warning map is made ever 2 minutes with colour coded warnings...lost of other great stuff as well.
Lookin good. Nice clean layout.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Anyone know how long the WxServer is supposed to be down for?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 AM

Not much to update about the weather here in England lately. We got "remarried" on February 9th so that friends and family here could attend their own ceremony, something we'd been planning to do for a couple years. It snowed that morning but didn't settle, and soon stopped. The rest of the day was damp and cold (using relative terms) with a solidly overcast sky of white cloud. At the party in the evening it started to rain lightly... that continued for the rest of the night, the rest of the following day, and most of the night afterward without stopping (so far as I noticed), amounting to about 35 mm or so. After that, the weather went extremely dry for England -- I think it rained another 8 mm or so a few days later, but nothing measurable since that time. Cloudy too. There were a couple 5-7 day stretches without so much as a peep of sunshine; was nearly beginning to forget what the sun looked like. :P

Thankfully it's brightened up considerably the last couple of days and though it's still a bit chilly (highs around 7 lately), it's definitely a little warmer and feels more like spring. Yesterday there wasn't a cloud in the sky and this morning it's the same. Bright, blue, and happy. Hope it stays this way for a while yet!
The Following User Says Thank You to Eabie For This Useful Post:
DarkSky (03-03-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Absolutely gorgeous day today. Highs of 14 C, just a gentle breeze, wall-to-wall hazy sunshine, flowers blooming. Not a speck of cloud in the sky. People take advantage of days like this in England too, because they're only once in a while -- everyone was outside today. Sadly, the rain is back as of tomorrow with lots of cloud and showers for the next several days according to the forecasts, but at least it'll stay pretty mild (around 10 C or so).

Last edited by Eabie; 03-05-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eabie View Post
Absolutely gorgeous day today. Highs of 14 C, just a gentle breeze, wall-to-wall hazy sunshine, flowers blooming. Not a speck of cloud in the sky. People take advantage of days like this in England too, because they're only once in a while -- everyone was outside today. Sadly, the rain is back as of tomorrow with lots of cloud and showers for the next several days according to the forecasts, but at least it'll stay pretty mild (around 10 C or so).
Eabe's, it's almost Spring 2013!! How's the move coming along?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
Eabe's, it's almost Spring 2013!! How's the move coming along?
Still waiting for my husband's Permanent Residency application to get approved. It can take a long time (months) and we sent it back in November. I'm still hoping for a May/June time frame but we'll see.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eabie View Post
Still waiting for my husband's Permanent Residency application to get approved. It can take a long time (months) and we sent it back in November. I'm still hoping for a May/June time frame but we'll see.
Hopefully you get it by May/June would hate to see it take longer than 6 months. Welp, how's the weather today in Conventry? We had about 3-4cm of accumulating snow yesterday morning with a max aft temp of 2.7C. It's 0.6C... loving all these above freezing temps.. spring is in the air!!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Yahoo! it's 4 degrees in Barrie now. I can see my back deck...time to rev up the BBQ!

Grey Highlands (Durham) Ontario
Old 03-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideShowBob View Post
Yahoo! it's 4 degrees in Barrie now. I can see my back deck...time to rev up the BBQ!
Had about 3 or 4cm of snow yesterday evening into the overnight. Made scraping the windshield of my car a nightmare this morning. Up to 4 degrees now...let the melting commence.