View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Photos and Video May 14, 2011 Severe Rainfall in London Ontario

Rain Rain and more Rain!!! A large scale system was flooding parts of southwestern Ontario. The system hit London later in the evening and and managed to flood some roads out providing a chance for some pics and video.

The system coming in had an interesting leading edge sucking up moisture to it like inflow to a structured storm.

The system as a whole was heading south (right to left) in this Image but the mid level clouds in this shot were headed left to right (North) while the lowering headed the other way along with the rain ....

The rain is just off the the right, the rain free base centered in the image looked like it was back building

Now the rain free base ahead of the storm began to dump on London and you can see the Original system to the right

After a bit I headed out to get some video of flooded roads, I found a great chance to take pics across from the superstore on Oxford

Sidewalk submerged and water was pouring over into the parking lot I was in

Downtown was fine

A couple shots I took being bored of Richmond Row

And some video with the new Camcorder finally, I reformatted to mpeg2 at 720p and the size quality trade off was pretty nice

Last edited by Itchy; 05-17-2011 at 08:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchy For This Useful Post:
DarkSky (05-18-2011), Deeon (05-27-2011)