View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Tues. June 17, 2014

another warning up regarding the line moving in off lake ontario now,

I see the setup i think your refereing to Raedwulf, i have been sceptical because of the low convection models i saw earlier for that timeframe but i am seeing some cells toward the bottom end of that line starting to organize, as well my model suggests perhaps another wave forming afterward towards the overnight period with a good swath sweeping across southwestern ontario. my confidence in my outlook though is low, id say 30% because im expecting this first wave to take away a lot of potential energy from the system, I hope im underestimating it.

Code:
Warnings

1:02 PM EDT Tuesday 17 June 2014
Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for:

Bruce Peninsula - Sauble Beach - Tobermory
    Hanover - Dundalk - Southern Grey County
    Owen Sound - Blue Mountains - Northern Grey County
    Saugeen Shores - Kincardine - Southern Bruce County

Updated or ended by 3:01 p.m. EDT.

A developing line of storms over Lake Huron will cross the regions this afternoon with heavy rain, wind gusts to 100 kilometres per hour and damaging hail 2 to 4 centimetres in diameter possible.

Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Fast moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Go indoors and move away from windows and skylights. Avoid areas of the building that could be affected by falling debris such as tree limbs. Avoid driving through water on roads. Watch for possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.

For more information:
http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html.
SlideShowBob (06-17-2014)