View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Default Re: 08/07/79 violent tornado outbreak - Bruce, Grey, Dufferin and Simcoe counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideShowBob View Post
I have the very same book from the London Free Press. This particular storm really tweaked my interest in storms. I remember living just south of the airport in Toronto, where the weather office watched a funnel cloud form that afternoon.
My youngest son was born on August 7th as well...lol
Just a quick observation...you mention CP24 as a source of info...I believe they were called City TV at the time...a small telelvision station on Queen St. East.
I found the book at a garage sale in the late 90s. Tweaked my severe wx interest as well. Was it CityTV? No... City Pulse! I used to watch Rewind on CP24 when they would play tapes from the 70s and 80s news broadcast. One of Rewind episodes was from the day of the Woodstock tornado. I took a few notes on it, it was very neat. The weather map was just a map of southern Ontario and the meteorologist(who was a beautiful blonde lady with a Farrah Fawcett hairdo) put cutouts of lightning, rain and a tornado on the map.

I also saw another episode of Rewind that dealt with a tornado tearing up Scarborough in the early 80s.