Ontario Storms Site!

Ontario Storms Site! (http://www.ontariostorms.com/index.php)
-   2010 (http://www.ontariostorms.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Severe Storms Possible Friday (http://www.ontariostorms.com/showthread.php?t=300)

ontariolightning 05-05-2010 04:39 PM

Re: Severe Storms Possible Friday

st mary's gets a lot of tornadic storms it seems

Derecho 05-05-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariolightning (Post 748)
I don't think that is it, it was the cell before that cause I was outside at the park watching it to my north and it wasn't raining on me

Then, it was probably the cell that hit Port Lambton. It's now near St. Thomas. My radar program only goes back so many scans. That storm was impressive as it was crossing the border, I should have taken a screen shot.

ontariolightning 05-05-2010 04:45 PM

yeah, it hit port lambton / sombra pretty hard

Derecho 05-05-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariolightning (Post 752)
st mary's gets a lot of tornadic storms it seems

The storm wasn't rotating at the time. If you're referring to the diamond shaped marker in the cell, it's a small hail marker.

EDIT: TWN is reporting a funnel cloud was spotted by a stormline caller in Kitchener... it was probably a 'SLC'... or 'scary looking cloud'.
EDIT EDIT: I think I know what the caller was reporting, there was a lowering where moisture was being drawn into the storm out ahead of the cell, that was probably it.

Derecho 05-05-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariolightning (Post 754)
yeah, it hit port lambton / sombra pretty hard

Is there damages?

ontariolightning 05-05-2010 04:48 PM

My aunt said her garbage cans went flying and a lot of tree branches are off the trees, and she said someone told her that a tree fell on someones car, that is in Sombra

Wet Paws 05-05-2010 04:49 PM

That may have been the formation I seen near Stratford (headed toward Kitchener) wishing I had a camera.

ontariolightning 05-05-2010 04:50 PM

ah, scud very rarely tricks me, I am sure a few people thought a tornado was forming here earlier, the scud was putting on quite a show

Derecho 05-05-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariolightning (Post 757)
My aunt said her garbage cans went flying and a lot of tree branches are off the trees, and she said someone told her that a tree fell on someones car, that is in Sombra

I know Sombra quite well, use the border crossing there a lot. Plus, my family lives in Corunna. Any way you can get up there to take photos of the damage?

ontariolightning 05-05-2010 04:54 PM

I sold my car so I have no way to get there, my aunt said it wasn't a big tree, but I am guessing the winds would have at least had to have been 80 km/h right?