Ontario Storms Site!

Ontario Storms Site! (http://www.ontariostorms.com/index.php)
-   The Truck Stop: Storm Talk & Chit-Chat (http://www.ontariostorms.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   July 31st Threat (http://www.ontariostorms.com/showthread.php?t=1041)

qcstorm 07-31-2012 11:04 AM

Re: July 31st Threat

Some rotation with that storm north of the GTA

obwan 07-31-2012 11:07 AM

Driving west on 407 sky is black looking north at 50rd, lots of cg's- things look to be still growing in the area.

benjaminblizzard 07-31-2012 12:09 PM

Some dark, dark storm clouds over Western Toronto right now.

EDIT: Why are we still under a watch right now? These look intense enough for warnings to go up.

harrisale 07-31-2012 02:57 PM

Seems as though the two approaching cold fronts formed together or arrived at the same time, thus producing the one unexpectedly large storm event. Cool.

DarkSky 07-31-2012 08:35 PM

Very nice set of towering cumulus going up over the lake right now with the sunset hitting them on the one side.

I was going to walk across the street to the lake to take a picture but unfortunately, I can't get out my front door right now due to a swarm of bees trying to find a nesting spot in the soffits/eavestrough of the front entrance. (gotta spray the hell out of it tomorrow) Grr

Storm Chaser 07-31-2012 09:11 PM

Overall, not a bad day. Heads up for Sunday everyone!!!

Thunderbolt 07-31-2012 09:37 PM

How's it looking for Sarnia from Friday to Sunday? Will be down there then, visiting some family.

Had a few storms up here today. They were very weak though. No lightning at all, just some rain & thunder.

Storm Chaser 07-31-2012 09:59 PM

Sunday should be quite widespread. Everywhere has a good shot.

harrisale 07-31-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSky (Post 5329)
Very nice set of towering cumulus going up over the lake right now with the sunset hitting them on the one side.

I was going to walk across the street to the lake to take a picture but unfortunately, I can't get out my front door right now due to a swarm of bees trying to find a nesting spot in the soffits/eavestrough of the front entrance. (gotta spray the hell out of it tomorrow) Grr

Saw those. Beautiful! Pink and orange. Could see them easily in Guelph.

Raedwulf 07-31-2012 10:26 PM

I'm not impressed. I did a random check at the radar today and saw what looked like a nice storm. Until it came and once again, as the trend has been the last few years...a major let down. It's nothing but a bit of rain..there is no wind..I mean literally the difference between wind from when the storm wasn't here, to when it is here..is zero..it's calm as calm can be.... sooo boring...These aren't storms at all...seriously need to head down south to get a storm..I've given up on Ontario..nothing here is anything major..and when it is it's like a mediocre event compared to down south